Join BetterPros as a Purchasing Agent. Apply now!
Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities? Are you someone who takes charge and gets things done, whether working alone or as part of a team? Do you have exceptional organizational skills and an unerring eye for detail? If you can guarantee effective purchasing strategies for our US-based client, what are you waiting for?
BetterPros unlocks human potential by offering competitive compensation, flexibility, constant learning and growth, and the opportunity to work anywhere you want with one of our +130 active clients across the United States.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Obtaining FF&E quotations, warehousing and installation bids for items as specified by the approved project budget.
- Negotiating price, lead-time and payment terms.
- Cost analysis, purchase and delivery of all products within an approved budget.
- Managing an effective project purchasing process to ensure that requirements are procured and delivered within required timelines.
- Managing and issuing ‘Expediting Reports’ weekly.
- Coordinating shop drawings, submittals and finish approvals with designers and manufacturers.
- Project procurement management and budget close out.
What you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- +3 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the hospitality or construction industry.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required, presentation skills (desirable).
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow-through.
- Excellent proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel – Spitfire.